We’re looking for a reporter with a passion for technology and digital marketing. The ideal candidate will be one that can follow, quickly find and comprehend digital news. The person would be responsible for writing, editing and publishing news related content for three websites daily.
The Tech Reporter, reporting to the VP Content Management, will be responsible for real-time reporting. This candidate should have a positive attitude, be detail oriented, results driven, a dependable team player and demonstrate a sense of urgency. Must be able to thrive in a fast-paced environment and have a strong work ethic.
Duties and Responsibilities:
To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to execute each essential duty satisfactorily. Other duties, assignments and specific projects may be assigned at the discretion of management.
- Write 11 to 15 articles per week on three websites: Advice Interactive, Advice Local and Rocks Digital.
- Work on longer-form pieces and larger content pieces in addition to the daily reporting.
- Responsible for monitoring the daily industry news.
- Ensuring these properties are among the first to report.
- Communicate with the social media team on news / articles to be published that day.
- Write corresponding social posts with articles.
- Adhere to daily deadlines and report on daily work.
- As needed, attend local events to report, create video and audio pieces.
- Basic graphic design skills to create custom images for each article.
- Communicate with graphic designer on elements needed.
- WordPress, SEO and basic HTML knowledge a plus.
Job Type: Full time
Job Location: McKinney, Texas
Required Experience: Mid-level, with proven track record in writing on tech
Salary range: DOE
To Apply: Email resume and writing samples to Natalie Gould email@example.com. No phone calls please.