Using social media to reach your customer and potential customer on a daily basis is imperative. However, brands often forget the most important facet of social media – SOCIAL!
You wouldn’t walk into a party and say, “Buy my product, download my eBook, join my list,” so why are you doing it online?
How to Put Social in Your Social Media
- Be real in what you post
- Post pictures of your team working on a project
- Share victories with your online tribe
- Use your knowledge to help others
I am not saying these types of updates are all you post. What I am saying is mix these social updates in with your other more sales focused updates.
Whether you serve B2B or B2C you need to integrate SOCIAL into your social media.
In doing business B2B remember behind the B is a person who is social in nature, and they make their recommendations for buying based on price, quality and customer service. If you have positive signals about your brand online by other people you will have more B2B success.
Everyone thinks B2C is easy breezy. Post a product and if the customer wants it they will buy. Customers do make their purchase decisions based on need, but whether they buy from you or the next guy is determined by price, quality and again customer service.
Did you notice the B2B and B2C both make decisions based on the same attractors? Showing the SOCIAL side of your brand is the determining factor between a deal or a dud.
Humanize Your Social Media
- Integrate customer testimonials into your posts
- Solve the customer’s problem by asking for questions and responding real-time
- Ask customers to share with you i.e. photos, quotes, favorite moments
- Honor your customers online by giving of your knowledge
You have to show your brand, product or service in a positive light and humanizing it with social media is an integral part of your marketing strategy.
Still not convinced you need to humanize your social media?
Check out these statistics on images and social media
- Photos on Facebook get 53% more likes than the average post
- Pinterest drives more referral traffic than LinkedIn, Google+ and YouTube combined
- Tweets with images get 18% more clicks, 89% more favorites and 150% more retweets
- There are more than 35 million “selfies” posted to Instagram
What does this tell you? Integrating images as part of your social media marketing strategy adds a very human flare, especially if they have real people in them and also people like to see themselves online. Give them the opportunity by humanizing your brand.
What are you going to do / are you doing to put the SOCIAL in your social media?