We all want to know new ways to help our businesses be more profitable so, in honor of St. Patrick’s Day, here is how to keep your digital marketing in the “green”.
But first, a little St. Patrick’s Day Trivia…Did you know that the color originally associated with St. Patrick was actually blue and not green? That is a fact and now…
A Few Facts To Keep Your Digital Marketing in the Green
- The first step of getting customers through your doors is making sure they are able to find you when they search for what you have and Local SEO is the key to this.
- After determining your target audience, you must then decide what geographical areas that audience will be and break those down into their smallest parts (i.e. towns, boroughs, counties).
- Then you should update your website content to include the keywords for your target audience (for example – soccer moms aged 35-45, they will search for items like cleats, soccer, soccer associations, etc.) and then add to that the keywords for the local or geographical area (for example – Brooklyn, Queens, etc.).
- When you put those keywords together in your content then you will be successful at Local SEO, which will bring in some more “green” to your business.
- Use social media to communicate with your customers and potential customers.
- Focus on building a relationship with your target audience through the various social media outlets (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, etc.)
- Remember you are building a dedicated customer base.
- Through the magic that is social media, they tell their friends, who tell their friends and all those relationships turn into “green” as your customer base grows through constant, relational communication.
- You may have been thinking about taking the steps to make your website mobile friendly, but just haven’t gotten around to it yet. Well, Google is going to give you a little nudge, or actually a really big nudge, to get it done because on April 21st they roll out their newest algorithm update.
- This update will actually penalize websites that are not mobile user friendly right where it hurts the most, in their SEO ranking, while those websites that take the steps to ensure they are mobile friendly will actually be rewarded with the lion’s share of the mobile search rankings.
- If you want to keep your digital marketing in the “green” your time would be better spent contacting your webmaster or finding the third party apps that will help make your website mobile friendly.
- Instead of spending your time debating what to do get busy and get your website mobile ready.
Take your business to the next level and get the edge over your competition. These steps will take some time and effort, but good things come to those that work for it!